When a home is built in Raleigh, N.C. or the surrounding area, the builder is required to have it treated for termites by a licensed pest control company. These treatments are commonly referred to as termite pre-treats. There are several methods used by Raleigh based termite companies to provide this service.
AAA Exterminating Co's Blog
We get asked all the time by homeowners "What are the round plastic things around my home". They are often referred to as termite traps. What they really are is termite bait stations. Before I go into the pros and cons of termite bait stations, there is something very important you should know about the termite bait stations you may currently have around your home right now. If these stations have not been serviced by the company who installed them in the past 6 months or so, they are not doing anything what so ever to protect your home from termites. The termite bait stations themselves usually contain no termite bait at all until active termites are found in the wood or cellulose monitoring material. They should be inspected and serviced every 3 to 4 months by a licensed Pest Control company. Once termite activity is found Termite bait is then placed and that is how termite bait stations control termites. So if you have some termite bait stations around your house that have not been monitored in over a year you might as well just throw them away.
So here is a brief run down on some of the Pros and Cons of Termite Baits stations.
Bed bugs have become a huge issue in both the Raleigh and fayetteville areas. Our pest control technicians are dealing with bed bug infestations all the time.
Every Spring we get calls from homeowners who see Ladybugs in their home. Usually you will see Ladybugs around window sills because they are attracted to light. Sometimes these infestations can very troubling because you may see hundreds of Ladybugs. Sometimes the first instinct of a homeowner is to get their homes sprayed down with pesticides inside and out. Pest control services in the Raleigh and Fayetteville areas are important and can help protect your home from many destructive and disease carrying pests. However, the Ladybug is not harmful to us in anyway. It will not damage your home and it does not carry disease. Before lady bugs are sprayed with pesticides here are a few things you may want to consider.
This is the time of year that Pest control companies have their phones ringing off the hook. One of the most popular calls we get around this time involves bees flying around the bushes outside of a home. The first reaction of most homeowners is to spray the bushes down with pesticides or hire a Pest control company to do it for you. This is sometimes a mistake and should be avoided unless absolutely necessary.
In Cary N.C. there are many pest control companies to choose from. How do you know which company is right for you? I have been in the Pest Control industry since I was a kid and throughout the years I have heard many complaints about certain things consumers later found out about the Pest Control company they signed up with. Here are five of the most common complaints I hear when it comes to Pest Control service for Cary homeowners.
- If you use their service will you be obligated to continue using it for a whole year (sometime longer)? This is a very popular complaint. Often times when I go to a home in Cary the first thing they say is "I don't wanna have to keep using your service if I decide I don't want to". Most companies today do have contracts for pest control service and not all of them will allow you to discontinue service without paying a penalty.
- If I sign up for your service can I be notified on when you will come to my home? Common complaint; The Pest Control Company left me a bill but never serviced my home. Many Pest Control services today focus on the service being convenient and usually pests can be controlled by servicing the outside of the home only, but make sure you are clear on how you want your home serviced and if you want them to call you or spray the inside make sure they know that. Most importantly make sure they are the type of company that will come back at no charge if you ever have a problem with service.
- How much time will you spend at my home for this service? This is another one that I hear pretty often. Sometimes pest control technicians are loaded down with work especially during the spring and if they have too many stops they may try to complete your service in 10 to 15 mins. Rushing a job can make it sloppy and sometimes a pest control tech might accidentally leave a mess and not even notice it.
- Will you charge me a fee if I have a problem and need you to come back for a re service? This is another Pest control contract issue, that you want to be clear about up front. Not all companies will do resprays for free.
- Are you licensed and insured? It may seem crazy to have to ask this but believe it or not we do still run across unlicensed companies who sometimes even advertise in the phone book and on line. You can verify licensing information by contacting the North Carolina Structural Pest Control Division.
Just in case you were wondering here are our answers to those five question.
Tags: Cary Pest control
Raleigh, N.C. has many options when it comes to choosing a pest control service. AAA Exterminating Co. is a family Owned business that has been around since 1973. We have years of experience keeping homes free of pests in a safe and effective way. Here are a few of the reasons why we are the best choice for Raleigh Home Owners for pest control service.
The easy answer to that is no, but let me explain. I have personally performed over 10,000 Wood Destroying Insect Reports in North Carolina. I have checked homes in both the Raleigh and Fayetteville areas. I can tell you with good authority that finding termites in a home during an inspection is not at all unusual. Discovery of termites or any other Wood Destroying Insects during an inspection does not mean the beautiful home you want to buy is now ruined. Termites are of course very destructive and they must be treated but the presence of termites does not necessarily mean there is structural damage to the home.
We are often asked why termite contract prices in the Raleigh, Cary, Garner and Apex areas seem to have such a wide variance. The answer to this is a little more complicated then you might think. Many home owners believe that termite companies are pretty much offering the same thing. After all we are all offering to treat your home to get rid of termites and we offer protection against future infestations. The truth is the Type of treatments available, products used and warranties given vary just as much if not more then the prices. I will break down some of the considerations that effect price.