In Cary N.C. there are many pest control companies to choose from. How do you know which company is right for you? I have been in the Pest Control industry since I was a kid and throughout the years I have heard many complaints about certain things consumers later found out about the Pest Control company they signed up with. Here are five of the most common complaints I hear when it comes to Pest Control service for Cary homeowners.
- If you use their service will you be obligated to continue using it for a whole year (sometime longer)? This is a very popular complaint. Often times when I go to a home in Cary the first thing they say is "I don't wanna have to keep using your service if I decide I don't want to". Most companies today do have contracts for pest control service and not all of them will allow you to discontinue service without paying a penalty.
- If I sign up for your service can I be notified on when you will come to my home? Common complaint; The Pest Control Company left me a bill but never serviced my home. Many Pest Control services today focus on the service being convenient and usually pests can be controlled by servicing the outside of the home only, but make sure you are clear on how you want your home serviced and if you want them to call you or spray the inside make sure they know that. Most importantly make sure they are the type of company that will come back at no charge if you ever have a problem with service.
- How much time will you spend at my home for this service? This is another one that I hear pretty often. Sometimes pest control technicians are loaded down with work especially during the spring and if they have too many stops they may try to complete your service in 10 to 15 mins. Rushing a job can make it sloppy and sometimes a pest control tech might accidentally leave a mess and not even notice it.
- Will you charge me a fee if I have a problem and need you to come back for a re service? This is another Pest control contract issue, that you want to be clear about up front. Not all companies will do resprays for free.
- Are you licensed and insured? It may seem crazy to have to ask this but believe it or not we do still run across unlicensed companies who sometimes even advertise in the phone book and on line. You can verify licensing information by contacting the North Carolina Structural Pest Control Division.
Just in case you were wondering here are our answers to those five question.
- Our contracts can be canceled at anytime for any reason. If you sign up for quarterly pest control service you can discontinue at anytime or skip a service at anytime. If you sign a termite contract you are only obligated to pay for the initial treatment. You do not have to continue the service if you do not want to.
- When we sign customers up for our service, we find out what their preference would be for services. We can typically control pests by servicing the outside of your home but if you would like a phone call to set an appointment or would like the inside serviced as well we will gladly follow your instructions.
- Sometimes a pest control service can be very easy, it may just be a matter of refreshing the barrier and inspecting for problems. On average we will spend 45 mins to 1 hour on a quarterly pest control service.
- If you are a quarterly pest control customer of ours we will never charge for a re service if one is needed. For certain services follow up treatments may be necessary such as; severe roach or bed bug infestations. When we feel a follow up will be necessary we will let you know up front if there will be a charge or not and give you a price up front.
- We have been fully licensed and insured for 38 years now, without ever having a lapse in either.